Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Houston County

  •   State: 
    Houston County
    31.15318795136504, -85.3025274139173
      Area total: 
    581.68 sq. mi., 1506.54 sq. km, 372273.92 acres
      Area land: 
    579.86 sq. mi., 1501.82 sq. km, 371107.84 acres
      Area water: 
    1.82 sq. mi., 4.72 sq. km, 1166.08 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: P.O. Drawer 6406
    County Administrative Tower
    Dothan, AL
    Governing Body: Commission with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Houston County, Alabama, United States

  •   Population: 
    107,202; Population change: 5.57% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    185 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.40% per 46,358 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $4.91 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Houston County's population of Alabama of 45,935 residents in 1930 has increased 2,33-fold to 107,202 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.28% female residents and 47.72% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.77% in Houston County, Alabama are married and the remaining 39.23% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.77% in Houston County, Alabama are married and the remaining 39.23% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    49,282 residential units of which 90.03% share occupied residential units.

    21.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Houston County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    85.44% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.04% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.50% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.54% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Houston County, Alabama 62.94% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.95% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.11% are vacant.

  • The 65.35% of the population in Houston County, Alabama who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 70.090%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 29.290%) of those eligible to vote in Houston County, Alabama.

Skyline of Houston County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies


1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906


1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

East Texas Broadband

2200 S Royall St, Palestine, TX 75801


605 Pennsylvania Ave, Matamoras, PA 18336

Specialized Audio Post Inc

1239 La Mesa Ave, Winter Springs, FL 32708

Conexus Communications

226 Carola St, Monroeville, Alabama 36460

Xfinity Store by Comcast

782 Bethlehem Pike Suite 5, North Wales, PA 19454

Landscape of Alabama