Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lee County

  •   State: 
    Alabama
      County: 
    Lee County
      Zips: 
    36865
    36803
    36849
    36831
    36879
    36852
    36874
    36849
    36877
    36870
    36804
    36832
    36801
    36830
      Coordinates: 
    32.60113634163782, -85.35556234251122
      Area total: 
    615.85 sq. mi., 1595.04 sq. km, 394142.72 acres
      Area land: 
    607.54 sq. mi., 1573.51 sq. km, 388823.68 acres
      Area water: 
    8.31 sq. mi., 21.53 sq. km, 5319.04 acres
      Established: 
    1866
      Capital seat: 

    Opelika
    Address: 215 S 9Th St
    County Courthouse
    Opelika, AL 36801-4919
    Governing Body: Commission with 6 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Lee County, Alabama, United States

  •   Population: 
    174,241; Population change: 24.24% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    287 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $39,057
      Households: 
    55,673
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.20% per 75,564 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $5.27 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lee County's population of Alabama of 28,953 residents in 1930 has increased 6,02-fold to 174,241 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.37% female residents and 49.63% male residents live in as of 2020, 48.80% in Lee County, Alabama are married and the remaining 51.20% are single population.

    As of 2020, 48.80% in Lee County, Alabama are married and the remaining 51.20% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    74,856 residential units of which 91.81% share occupied residential units.

    21.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Lee County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.30% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.79% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.54% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.84% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lee County, Alabama 55.29% are owner-occupied homes, another 33.93% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.78% are vacant.

  • The 33.33% of the population in Lee County, Alabama who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 59.330%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 39.570%) of those eligible to vote in Lee County, Alabama.

Skyline of Lee County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Mindcomet Corporation

100 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701

Softdisk

330 Marshall St # 1112, Shreveport, LA 71101

SinglePoint Communications Inc

7990 SW Cirrus Dr, Beaverton, OR 97008

Leyton Natalie Coach Consultants

24445 Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance, CA 90505

Internet Communications Inc

739 Commerce Dr, Franklin, IN 46131

Landscape of Alabama