Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Independence County

  •   State: 
    Arkansas
      County: 
    Independence County
      Zips: 
    72526
    72165
    72522
    72571
    72553
    72503
    72527
    72550
    72524
    72534
    72579
    72564
    72562
    72568
    72501
      Coordinates: 
    35.74158636176146, -91.56968463819864
      Area total: 
    771.59 sq. mi., 1998.41 sq. km, 493817.60 acres
      Area land: 
    764.03 sq. mi., 1978.81 sq. km, 488976.00 acres
      Area water: 
    7.57 sq. mi., 19.59 sq. km, 4841.60 acres
      Established: 
    1820
      Capital seat: 

    Batesville
    Address: 192 E Main St
    County Courthouse
    Batesville, AR 72501-5508
    Governing Body: Quorum Court with 11 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Independence County, Arkansas, United States

  •   Population: 
    37,938; Population change: 3.52% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    50 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,582
      Households: 
    13,984
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.80% per 16,670 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.38%
      Income taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $1.66 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Independence County's population of Arkansas of 24,225 residents in 1930 has increased 1,57-fold to 37,938 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.77% female residents and 49.23% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.92% in Independence County, Arkansas are married and the remaining 36.08% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.92% in Independence County, Arkansas are married and the remaining 36.08% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    16,667 residential units of which 89.60% share occupied residential units.

    22.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Independence County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.72% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.06% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.07% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.59% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Independence County, Arkansas 67.36% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.61% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.03% are vacant.

  • The 63.68% of the population in Independence County, Arkansas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 67.120%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 29.990%) of those eligible to vote in Independence County, Arkansas.

Skyline of Independence County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

PogoZone

119 N Commercial St # 190, Bellingham, WA 98225

Cable ONE Advertising

757 Professional Dr N, Shreveport, LA 71105

Clear Internet

815 W Superior Ave, Cleveland, OH 44114

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

Celestial Software LLC

6641 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA 98040

Landscape of Arkansas