Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Tift County

  •   State: 
    Tift County
    31.457437888001607, -83.5265942079953
      Area total: 
    268.79 sq. mi., 696.16 sq. km, 172024.96 acres
      Area land: 
    260.89 sq. mi., 675.70 sq. km, 166968.96 acres
      Area water: 
    7.90 sq. mi., 20.46 sq. km, 5056.00 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: PO BOX 826
    County Courthouse
    Tifton, GA 31793-0826
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Tift County, Georgia, United States

  •   Population: 
    41,344; Population change: 3.06% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    158 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.10% per 20,500 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $1.86 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Tift County's population of Georgia of 17,165 residents in 1930 has increased 1,57-fold to 27,030 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.73% female residents and 48.27% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.53% in Tift County, Georgia are married and the remaining 43.47% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.53% in Tift County, Georgia are married and the remaining 43.47% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    17,375 residential units of which 91.63% share occupied residential units.

    19.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Tift County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.82% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 16.29% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.34% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.61% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Tift County, Georgia 63.49% are owner-occupied homes, another 29.50% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.01% are vacant.

  • The 54.44% of the population in Tift County, Georgia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 66.090%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 33.280%) of those eligible to vote in Tift County, Georgia.

Skyline of Tift County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies


1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906


1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Coalgate Internet Services LLC

26 N Main St, Coalgate, OK 74538

Icelab Networks

393 Inverness Pkwy, Englewood, CO 80112

Spectrum Store

1360 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10075

Dream Link Online

11 Omer St, Lewiston, ME 04240

Xfinity Store by Comcast Branded Partner

2569 S 5600 W Suite 650, West Valley City, UT 84120

Landscape of Georgia