Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Adams County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Adams County
      Zips: 
    62348
    62306
    62346
    62359
    62325
    62365
    62349
    62338
    62324
    62360
    62376
    62339
    62347
    62351
    62320
    62305
    62301
      Coordinates: 
    39.987905293969035, -91.18849241001881
      Area total: 
    871.27 sq. mi., 2256.58 sq. km, 557613.44 acres
      Area land: 
    855.14 sq. mi., 2214.80 sq. km, 547290.24 acres
      Area water: 
    16.13 sq. mi., 41.78 sq. km, 10323.20 acres
      Established: 
    1825
      Capital seat: 

    Quincy
    Address: 507 Vermont St
    County Courthouse
    Quincy, IL 62301-2920
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 21 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Adams County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    65,737; Population change: -2.04% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    77 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,771
      Households: 
    3,294
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.30% per 31,259 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.75%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $3.36 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Adams County's population of Illinois of 22,542 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,23-fold to 5,240 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.26% female residents and 49.74% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.72% in Adams County, Illinois are married and the remaining 43.28% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.72% in Adams County, Illinois are married and the remaining 43.28% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    30,235 residential units of which 90.34% share occupied residential units.

    18.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Adams County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.75% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.66% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.52% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.21% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Adams County, Illinois 66.76% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.87% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.36% are vacant.

  • The 57.94% of the population in Adams County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 60.700%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 38.260%) of those eligible to vote in Adams County, Illinois.

Skyline of Adams County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Art Inspired Gifts

5158 Miners Ranch Rd, Oroville, CA 95966

Comcast Service Center

823 25th Street First Floor, Galveston, TX 77550

Arvig

112 1st Ave NW, Grand Meadow, MN 55936

NYIIX

Telehouse America, 7 Teleport Dr, Staten Island, NY 10311

ViaSat

300 Nickerson Rd #100, Marlborough, MA 01752

Landscape of Illinois