Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Cass County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Cass County
      Zips: 
    62622
    62611
    62627
    62612
    62691
    62618
      Coordinates: 
    39.97354645002739, -90.24737543013349
      Area total: 
    383.70 sq. mi., 993.77 sq. km, 245565.44 acres
      Area land: 
    375.75 sq. mi., 973.20 sq. km, 240482.56 acres
      Area water: 
    7.94 sq. mi., 20.57 sq. km, 5082.88 acres
      Established: 
    1837
      Capital seat: 

    Virginia
    Address: 100 E Springfield St
    County Courthouse
    Virginia, IL 62691-1322
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 11 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Cass County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    13,042; Population change: -4.40% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    35 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $41,146
      Households: 
    77,520
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.70% per 5,813 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.25%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $628.08 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Cass County's population of Illinois of 64,273 residents in 1930 has increased 3,2-fold to 205,865 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.21% female residents and 50.79% male residents live in as of 2020, 47.95% in Cass County, Illinois are married and the remaining 52.05% are single population.

    As of 2020, 47.95% in Cass County, Illinois are married and the remaining 52.05% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    5,676 residential units of which 89.83% share occupied residential units.

    23.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Cass County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    72.35% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 20.10% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.20% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.41% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Cass County, Illinois 68.13% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.92% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.95% are vacant.

  • The 77.13% of the population in Cass County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.390%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 49.740%) of those eligible to vote in Cass County, Illinois.

Skyline of Cass County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Spectrum Store

1901 Madison Ave Ste 700, Mankato, MN 56001

Mobius Internet, I.T. and Communications

4000 S Sherwood Forest Blvd #110, Baton Rouge, LA 70816

CCI Link Net

300 S Kingshighway # B, Perryville, MO 63775

Xillient LLC

350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza #100, Oakland, CA 94612

Fiberpipe

63 N Main St, Buffalo, WY 82834

Landscape of Illinois