Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Ford County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Ford County
      Zips: 
    60933
    60946
    61773
    60919
    60962
    60952
    60959
    60936
    60957
      Coordinates: 
    40.59716504120733, -88.22327378253051
      Area total: 
    486.23 sq. mi., 1259.33 sq. km, 311187.20 acres
      Area land: 
    485.60 sq. mi., 1257.69 sq. km, 310782.08 acres
      Area water: 
    0.63 sq. mi., 1.64 sq. km, 405.12 acres
      Established: 
    1859
      Capital seat: 

    Paxton
    Address: 200 W State Street
    County Courthouse
    Paxton, IL 60957-1179
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 12 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Ford County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    13,534; Population change: -3.88% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    28 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,194
      Households: 
    16,886
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.40% per 6,236 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.25%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $640.57 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Ford County's population of Illinois of 59,442 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,64-fold to 37,804 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.72% female residents and 48.28% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.63% in Ford County, Illinois are married and the remaining 39.37% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.63% in Ford County, Illinois are married and the remaining 39.37% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    6,265 residential units of which 89.99% share occupied residential units.

    22.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Ford County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.27% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.46% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.17% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.83% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Ford County, Illinois 69.95% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.68% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.37% are vacant.

  • The 61.51% of the population in Ford County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 63.870%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 34.870%) of those eligible to vote in Ford County, Illinois.

Skyline of Ford County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Clearlight Communications

204 Overlook Dr, Kent, OH 44240

Peoples

400 S Main St, Winnsboro, TX 75494

Mindcomet Corporation

100 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701

Spectrum Store

4001 Arlington Highlands Blvd Suite 125, Arlington, TX 76018

21st Net

3218 Ridgehaven St, Irving, TX 75062

Landscape of Illinois