Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Ballard County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Ballard County
      Zips: 
    42060
    42022
    42024
    42087
    42056
      Coordinates: 
    37.058492692426405, -88.99947510498261
      Area total: 
    273.69 sq. mi., 708.86 sq. km, 175163.52 acres
      Area land: 
    246.87 sq. mi., 639.39 sq. km, 157996.16 acres
      Area water: 
    26.82 sq. mi., 69.47 sq. km, 17167.36 acres
      Established: 
    1842
      Capital seat: 

    Wickliffe
    Address: 132 North 4th Street
    County Courthouse
    Wickliffe, KY
    Governing Body: Magistrate Fiscal Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Ballard County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    7,728; Population change: -6.32% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    31 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $40,510
      Households: 
    17,349
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.60% per 3,356 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $195.16 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Ballard County's population of Kentucky of 25,844 residents in 1930 has increased 1,72-fold to 44,485 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.56% female residents and 48.44% male residents live in as of 2020, 65.09% in Ballard County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 34.91% are single population.

    As of 2020, 65.09% in Ballard County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 34.91% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    3,684 residential units of which 87.62% share occupied residential units.

    25.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Ballard County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    86.41% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.62% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool and 2.52% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Ballard County, Kentucky 71.69% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.47% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.84% are vacant.

  • The 82.15% of the population in Ballard County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 62.490%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 35.150%) of those eligible to vote in Ballard County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Ballard County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Online Technology Exchange

535 16th St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33705

Splash Wireless Internet

219 S Walnut St, Richland, MO 65556

Cirrinity LLC

2628 US-45, Antigo, WI 54409

Natural Wireless

23A Poplar St, East Rutherford, NJ 07073

Plantel

114 Kent Rd, Tifton, GA 31794

Landscape of Kentucky