Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Carter County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Carter County
      Zips: 
    41181
    41132
    41173
    41142
    41146
    41164
    41143
      Coordinates: 
    38.31817316024331, -83.04953459219134
      Area total: 
    412.12 sq. mi., 1067.38 sq. km, 263754.24 acres
      Area land: 
    409.50 sq. mi., 1060.59 sq. km, 262076.80 acres
      Area water: 
    2.62 sq. mi., 6.79 sq. km, 1677.44 acres
      Established: 
    1838
      Capital seat: 

    Grayson
    Address: 300 W Main St
    County Courthouse
    Grayson, KY 41143-1274
    Governing Body: Magistrate Fiscal Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Carter County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    26,627; Population change: -3.94% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    65 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $33,887
      Households: 
    6,837
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.60% per 9,586 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $461.92 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Carter County's population of Kentucky of 16,747 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,95-fold to 15,941 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.98% female residents and 49.02% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.18% in Carter County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 36.82% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.18% in Carter County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 36.82% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    12,206 residential units of which 87.37% share occupied residential units.

    31.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Carter County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    71.13% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 20.25% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.34% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.97% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Carter County, Kentucky 73.00% are owner-occupied homes, another 17.18% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.82% are vacant.

  • The 29.90% of the population in Carter County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 53.520%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 43.980%) of those eligible to vote in Carter County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Carter County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Hi-Tech Data Systems Inc

9190 Brocks Gap Rd, Fulks Run, VA 22830

Pioneer Communications

110 S Chestnut St, Johnson City, KS 67855

ITC Global Inc

113 N Pat St, Scott, LA 70583

Hardlink Communications

1191 N Main St #208, Randolph, MA 02368

Internap Network Services

1 Pennsylvania Plaza # 2527, New York, NY 10119

Landscape of Kentucky