Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Garrard County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Garrard County
      Zips: 
    40410
    40444
      Coordinates: 
    37.639577230975846, -84.53763199562233
      Area total: 
    233.94 sq. mi., 605.91 sq. km, 149724.16 acres
      Area land: 
    230.10 sq. mi., 595.95 sq. km, 147263.36 acres
      Area water: 
    3.85 sq. mi., 9.96 sq. km, 2460.80 acres
      Established: 
    1797
      Capital seat: 

    Lancaster
    Address: 15 Public Sq
    County Courthouse
    Lancaster, KY 40444-8151
    Governing Body: Magistrate Fiscal Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Garrard County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    16,953; Population change: 0.24% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    74 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,012
      Households: 
    9,499
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.30% per 7,528 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $222.10 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Garrard County's population of Kentucky of 9,876 residents in 1930 has increased 2,53-fold to 24,941 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.48% female residents and 49.52% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.21% in Garrard County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 37.79% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.21% in Garrard County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 37.79% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    7,254 residential units of which 90.76% share occupied residential units.

    34 minutes is the average time that residents in Garrard County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.86% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 18.31% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.24% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.12% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Garrard County, Kentucky 72.68% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.81% are rented apartments, and the remaining 5.51% are vacant.

  • The 47.98% of the population in Garrard County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 70.980%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 27.910%) of those eligible to vote in Garrard County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Garrard County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

TCT

1601 S Park Dr, Cody, WY 82414

Zoom Broadband

122 Heiman St, San Antonio, TX 78205

Mexus Communications

1012 N Campbell St, El Paso, TX 79902

Rainbow Broadband

225 W 34th St #2100, New York, NY 10122

GT Virtual Internet

4801 Woodway Dr # 300, Houston, TX 77056

Landscape of Kentucky