Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Benzie County

  •   State: 
    Michigan
      County: 
    Benzie County
      Zips: 
    49628
    49683
    49650
    49640
    49616
    49617
    49635
      Coordinates: 
    44.6445874677369, -86.30062613015343
      Area total: 
    859.56 sq. mi., 2226.26 sq. km, 550120.96 acres
      Area land: 
    319.70 sq. mi., 828.01 sq. km, 204606.72 acres
      Area water: 
    539.87 sq. mi., 1398.25 sq. km, 345514.24 acres
      Established: 
    1863
      Capital seat: 

    Beulah
    Address: 448 Court Place
    County Government Center
    Beulah, MI
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Benzie County, Michigan, United States

  •   Population: 
    17,970; Population change: 2.54% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    56 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,540
      Households: 
    7,342
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.40% per 8,655 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.35%
      GDP: 
    $425.47 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Benzie County's population of Michigan of 6,587 residents in 1930 has increased 2,73-fold to 17,970 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.61% female residents and 49.39% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.10% in Benzie County, Michigan are married and the remaining 35.90% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.10% in Benzie County, Michigan are married and the remaining 35.90% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    12,099 residential units of which 64.08% share occupied residential units.

    26.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Benzie County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.55% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.16% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.51% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.21% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Benzie County, Michigan 53.21% are owner-occupied homes, another 8.52% are rented apartments, and the remaining 38.27% are vacant.

  • The 28.41% of the population in Benzie County, Michigan who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 45.470%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 52.880%) of those eligible to vote in Benzie County, Michigan.

Skyline of Benzie County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Headend Voip

1375 Manor Rd, Coatesville, PA 19320

Amdocs Inc

2211 Elliott Ave # 400, Seattle, WA 98121

Electronic Technology Inc

5700 Merriam Dr, Merriam, KS 66203

enTouch

5777 Sienna Pkwy, Missouri City, TX 77459

Wishful Thinking Internet Services

2104 W Florida St, Greensboro, NC 27403

Landscape of Michigan