Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Alcorn County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Alcorn County
      Zips: 
    38835
    38846
    38865
    38834
      Coordinates: 
    34.88077158079223, -88.58026481331126
      Area total: 
    401.36 sq. mi., 1039.52 sq. km, 256870.40 acres
      Area land: 
    400.04 sq. mi., 1036.11 sq. km, 256028.16 acres
      Area water: 
    1.32 sq. mi., 3.41 sq. km, 842.24 acres
      Established: 
    1870
      Capital seat: 

    Corinth
    Address: PO BOX 69
    County Courthouse
    Corinth, MS 38835-0069
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Alcorn County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    34,740; Population change: -6.25% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    87 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $33,060
      Households: 
    15,119
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.20% per 15,419 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $1.11 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Alcorn County's population of Mississippi of 23,653 residents in 1930 has increased 1,47-fold to 34,740 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.28% female residents and 48.72% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.59% in Alcorn County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 39.41% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.59% in Alcorn County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 39.41% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    16,159 residential units of which 89.08% share occupied residential units.

    22.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Alcorn County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.45% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.19% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.31% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.07% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Alcorn County, Mississippi 67.02% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.74% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.24% are vacant.

  • The 71.96% of the population in Alcorn County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 71.170%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 27.200%) of those eligible to vote in Alcorn County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Alcorn County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

AGM Global Vision

173 W Main St #962, Springerville, AZ 85938

Hollander's Online

3858 Bestech Dr, Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Odessa Office Equipment

Odessa, WA 99159

Local Net

62 US-51, Manitowish Waters, WI 54545

Spectrum Store

74-5450 Makala Blvd Suite 103, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Landscape of Mississippi