Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Chickasaw County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Chickasaw County
      Zips: 
    38877
    39776
    38850
    38860
    38851
      Coordinates: 
    33.92079993279709, -88.9478639250986
      Area total: 
    504.25 sq. mi., 1305.99 sq. km, 322717.44 acres
      Area land: 
    501.78 sq. mi., 1299.61 sq. km, 321140.48 acres
      Area water: 
    2.46 sq. mi., 6.38 sq. km, 1576.96 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Houston and Okolona
    Address: 101 North Jefferson Street
    County Courthouse
    Houston, MS
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Chickasaw County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    17,106; Population change: -1.64% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    34 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $30,407
      Households: 
    7,181
      Unemployment rate: 
    10.90% per 6,964 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $509.95 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Chickasaw County's population of Mississippi of 20,835 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,82-fold to 17,106 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.47% female residents and 48.53% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.42% in Chickasaw County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 44.58% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.42% in Chickasaw County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 44.58% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    7,789 residential units of which 87.02% share occupied residential units.

    24.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Chickasaw County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.81% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 17.84% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.31% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.51% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Chickasaw County, Mississippi 68.83% are owner-occupied homes, another 19.31% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.86% are vacant.

  • The 55.91% of the population in Chickasaw County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.520%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 50.650%) of those eligible to vote in Chickasaw County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Chickasaw County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Home Communications Inc

211 S Main St, Galva, KS 67443

4SIWI LLC

3307 W Commercial Rd Drive, Marion, IL 62959

Spry Wireless

1361 Rich Ln, Buda, TX 78610

Spectrum Store

71-40 Austin St, Queens, NY 11375

CASSCOMM

100 Redbud Rd, Virginia, IL 62691

Landscape of Mississippi