Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Leake County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Leake County
      Zips: 
    39171
    39109
    39094
    39189
    39051
      Coordinates: 
    32.75351714460258, -89.52401613609415
      Area total: 
    585.36 sq. mi., 1516.07 sq. km, 374629.76 acres
      Area land: 
    582.90 sq. mi., 1509.70 sq. km, 373054.08 acres
      Area water: 
    2.46 sq. mi., 6.38 sq. km, 1575.68 acres
      Established: 
    1833
      Capital seat: 

    Carthage
    Address: PO BOX 72
    County Courthouse
    Carthage, MS 39051-0072
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Leake County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    21,275; Population change: -10.63% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    36 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $32,669
      Households: 
    8,047
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.90% per 8,058 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $535.22 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Leake County's population of Mississippi of 21,803 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,98-fold to 21,275 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.74% female residents and 51.26% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.59% in Leake County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 41.41% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.59% in Leake County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 41.41% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    8,979 residential units of which 89.99% share occupied residential units.

    31.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Leake County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    73.76% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 20.93% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.86% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.13% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Leake County, Mississippi 72.84% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.84% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.32% are vacant.

  • The 51.23% of the population in Leake County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 55.010%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 44.350%) of those eligible to vote in Leake County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Leake County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Access Wisconsin

1113 Stephenson Ln, Waunakee, WI 53597

HighTower Communications

1111 Harper Cemetery Rd, Pocahontas, AR 72455

MetroNet Lebanon

103 S Meridian St, Lebanon, IN 46052

Sohu.Com

1901 S Bascom Ave, Campbell, CA 95008

Hargray Communications

862A William Hilton Pkwy, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928

Landscape of Mississippi