Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Gallatin County

  •   State: 
    Gallatin County
    45.54038952108016, -111.17036901255423
      Area total: 
    2633.78 sq. mi., 6821.45 sq. km, 1685616.00 acres
      Area land: 
    2605.02 sq. mi., 6746.96 sq. km, 1667209.60 acres
      Area water: 
    28.76 sq. mi., 74.49 sq. km, 18406.40 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 311 W Main St
    County Courthouse
    Bozeman, MT 59715-4594
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Gallatin County, Montana, United States

  •   Population: 
    118,960; Population change: 32.90% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    46 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.00% per 70,434 county labor force
  •   Income taxes: 
    $5.45 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Gallatin County's population of Montana of 16,145 residents in 1930 has increased 7,37-fold to 118,960 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.29% female residents and 51.71% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.76% in Gallatin County, Montana are married and the remaining 44.24% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.76% in Gallatin County, Montana are married and the remaining 44.24% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    52,835 residential units of which 89.18% share occupied residential units.

    18.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Gallatin County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    70.97% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.43% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.30% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 7.20% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Gallatin County, Montana 56.88% are owner-occupied homes, another 33.39% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.72% are vacant.

  • The 33.41% of the population in Gallatin County, Montana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.770%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 50.140%) of those eligible to vote in Gallatin County, Montana.

Skyline of Gallatin County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies


1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906


1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Devin Group

1941 Roland Clarke Pl, Reston, Virginia 20191

Glenwood Telephone Company

22 W Fourth Ave, Glenwood, GA 30428

Osseo High Speed Internet

124 Central Ave, Osseo, MN 55369

Fiber Interactive Technologies

24 S Adair St, Pryor, OK 74361


1737 7th St, Parkersburg, WV 26101

Landscape of Montana