Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lyon County

  •   State: 
    Nevada
      County: 
    Lyon County
      Zips: 
    89428
    89430
    89429
    89403
    89447
    89408
      Coordinates: 
    39.02063492604972, -119.18899668730587
      Area total: 
    2024.25 sq. mi., 5242.78 sq. km, 1295518.08 acres
      Area land: 
    2001.23 sq. mi., 5183.17 sq. km, 1280789.76 acres
      Area water: 
    23.01 sq. mi., 59.60 sq. km, 14728.32 acres
      Established: 
    1861
      Capital seat: 

    Yerington
    Address: 27 S Main St
    County Courthouse
    Yerington, NV 89447-2571
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Lyon County, Nevada, United States

  •   Population: 
    59,235; Population change: 13.96% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    30 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $51,728
      Households: 
    21,259
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.50% per 23,045 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $1.43 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lyon County's population of Nevada of 3,810 residents in 1930 has increased 15,55-fold to 59,235 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.38% female residents and 50.62% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.37% in Lyon County, Nevada are married and the remaining 37.63% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.37% in Lyon County, Nevada are married and the remaining 37.63% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    24,401 residential units of which 93.05% share occupied residential units.

    30.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Lyon County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.86% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 17.26% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.04% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.36% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lyon County, Nevada 73.49% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.80% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.71% are vacant.

  • The 22.28% of the population in Lyon County, Nevada who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 57.590%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 39.830%) of those eligible to vote in Lyon County, Nevada.

Skyline of Lyon County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Spectrum Store

215 Young St, Henderson, NC 27536

Spectrum Store

7716 Hoke Rd, Englewood, OH 45315

Host Techs

2834 Boudinot St, Philadelphia, PA 19134

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

Landscape of Nevada