Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lea County

  •   State: 
    New Mexico
      County: 
    Lea County
      Zips: 
    88265
    88213
    88262
    88114
    88265
    88241
    88264
    88267
    88252
    88242
    88231
    88260
    88240
      Coordinates: 
    32.79214937063369, -103.41247814295839
      Area total: 
    4394.70 sq. mi., 11382.21 sq. km, 2812605.44 acres
      Area land: 
    4391.47 sq. mi., 11373.85 sq. km, 2810540.80 acres
      Area water: 
    3.23 sq. mi., 8.36 sq. km, 2064.64 acres
      Established: 
    1917
      Capital seat: 

    Lovington
    Address: 100 N Main Ave Ste 4
    County Courthouse
    Lovington, NM 88260-4030
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Lea County, New Mexico, United States

  •   Population: 
    74,455; Population change: 15.03% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    17 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $41,706
      Households: 
    21,534
      Unemployment rate: 
    11.00% per 29,545 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.69%
      Income taxes: 
    5.30%
      GDP: 
    $9.29 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lea County's population of New Mexico of 6,144 residents in 1930 has increased 12,12-fold to 74,455 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.66% female residents and 50.34% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.59% in Lea County, New Mexico are married and the remaining 36.41% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.59% in Lea County, New Mexico are married and the remaining 36.41% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    27,950 residential units of which 89.62% share occupied residential units.

    19.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Lea County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.09% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.87% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.10% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.67% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lea County, New Mexico 63.00% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.47% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.52% are vacant.

  • The 79.23% of the population in Lea County, New Mexico who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 71.580%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 27.400%) of those eligible to vote in Lea County, New Mexico.

Skyline of Lea County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

GLISNET Inc

16987 18 Mile Rd, Clinton Twp, MI 48038

Spectrum Store

1080 NE E St, Grants Pass, OR 97526

Usb Consulting

1446 Halsey Way #106, Carrollton, TX 75007

Northwest Communications

116 Harriman Ave N, Amery, WI 54001

Xfinity Store by Comcast

10448 Town Center Dr Suite #100, Westminster, CO 80021

Landscape of New Mexico