Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jefferson County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Jefferson County
      Zips: 
    13628
    13674
    13675
    13692
    13641
    13643
    13651
    13611
    13638
    13659
    13665
    13632
    13603
    13682
    13616
    13693
    13608
    13636
    13615
    13640
    13679
    13661
    13650
    13673
    13656
    13612
    13691
    13634
    13622
    13606
    13602
    13685
    13618
    13605
    13637
    13607
    13619
    13624
    13601
      Coordinates: 
    43.99882445460221, -76.05228241935566
      Area total: 
    1857.36 sq. mi., 4810.53 sq. km, 1188709.12 acres
      Area land: 
    1268.70 sq. mi., 3285.92 sq. km, 811969.28 acres
      Area water: 
    588.66 sq. mi., 1524.61 sq. km, 376739.84 acres
      Established: 
    1805
      Capital seat: 

    Watertown
    Address: 195 Arsenal Street
    Historic Courthouse
    Watertown, NY 13601-2567
    Governing Body: Legislature with 15 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Jefferson County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    116,721; Population change: 0.42% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    92 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,858
      Households: 
    43,549
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.70% per 43,295 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.75%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $5.87 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jefferson County's population of New York of 83,574 residents in 1930 has increased 1,4-fold to 116,721 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.20% female residents and 50.80% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.40% in Jefferson County, New York are married and the remaining 40.60% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.40% in Jefferson County, New York are married and the remaining 40.60% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    61,604 residential units of which 73.83% share occupied residential units.

    20.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Jefferson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.04% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.66% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.84% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.13% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jefferson County, New York 44.40% are owner-occupied homes, another 30.23% are rented apartments, and the remaining 25.37% are vacant.

  • The 42.48% of the population in Jefferson County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 52.000%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 46.720%) of those eligible to vote in Jefferson County, New York.

Skyline of Jefferson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Rainier Connect

1417 Kresky Ave # 1, Centralia, WA 98531

Virid

8150 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA 22182

Computers & Tele-Comm Inc

1102 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64106

HBE Internet

306 Eureka Ave, Berryville, AR 72616

Spectrum Store

C, 21290 Route 202 Store, Watertown, NY 13601

Landscape of New York