Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lackawanna County

  •   State: 
    Pennsylvania
      County: 
    Lackawanna County
      Zips: 
    18416
    18444
    18501
    18502
    18448
    18653
    18515
    18433
    18424
    18407
    18420
    18411
    18512
    18440
    18444
    18507
    18407
    18447
    18444
    18519
    18410
    18424
    18444
    18444
    18447
    18471
    18510
    18407
    18509
    18411
    18433
    18447
    18444
    18424
    18403
    18433
    18512
    18414
    18434
    18403
    18444
    18517
    18411
    18452
    18519
    18518
    18447
    18507
    18407
    18510
    18509
    18504
    18512
    18505
    18508
    18411
    18503
      Coordinates: 
    41.436690773390175, -75.60921062290552
      Area total: 
    464.91 sq. mi., 1204.11 sq. km, 297543.04 acres
      Area land: 
    458.77 sq. mi., 1188.21 sq. km, 293614.08 acres
      Area water: 
    6.14 sq. mi., 15.90 sq. km, 3928.96 acres
      Established: 
    1878
      Capital seat: 

    Scranton
    Address: 200 Adams Ave, 6th floor
    County Courthouse
    Scranton, PA 18503-1607
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania, United States

  •   Population: 
    215,896; Population change: 0.68% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    470 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,125
      Households: 
    86,858
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.60% per 103,832 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    3.57%
      GDP: 
    $9.40 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lackawanna County's population of Pennsylvania of 310,397 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,7-fold to 215,896 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.34% female residents and 47.66% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.08% in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 44.92% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.08% in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 44.92% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    99,815 residential units of which 88.91% share occupied residential units.

    21.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Lackawanna County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.88% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.08% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.84% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.05% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania 61.16% are owner-occupied homes, another 28.72% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.12% are vacant.

  • The 63.25% of the population in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 36.380%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 62.210%) of those eligible to vote in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania.

Skyline of Lackawanna County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Spectrum Store

3068 Dick Pond Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29575

CCAonline Inc

601 Keokuk St, Lincoln, IL 62656

Net 2 Technology Group

680 Louis Dr, Warminster, PA 18974

Access Direct Communications

110 S Lincoln Ave, Hershey, NE 69143

Xillient LLC

350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza #100, Oakland, CA 94612

Landscape of Pennsylvania