Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Monroe County

  •   State: 
    Pennsylvania
      County: 
    Monroe County
      Zips: 
    18357
    18466
    18344
    18341
    18357
    18323
    18320
    18349
    18356
    18352
    18466
    18342
    18334
    18332
    18335
    18370
    18327
    18355
    18333
    18331
    18354
    18325
    18350
    18347
    18346
    18058
    18321
    18330
    18610
    18326
    18353
    18466
    18302
    18322
    18344
    18372
    18301
    18360
      Coordinates: 
    41.058068920071044, -75.33952563155033
      Area total: 
    617.09 sq. mi., 1598.25 sq. km, 394936.32 acres
      Area land: 
    608.26 sq. mi., 1575.38 sq. km, 389284.48 acres
      Area water: 
    8.83 sq. mi., 22.87 sq. km, 5651.84 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Stroudsburg
    Address: 1 Quaker Plz Ste 201
    County Courthouse
    Stroudsburg, PA 18360-2141
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Monroe County, Pennsylvania, United States

  •   Population: 
    168,327; Population change: -0.89% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    277 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $57,070
      Households: 
    60,752
      Unemployment rate: 
    11.50% per 81,386 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    3.57%
      GDP: 
    $6.35 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Monroe County's population of Pennsylvania of 28,286 residents in 1930 has increased 5,95-fold to 168,327 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.32% female residents and 49.68% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.05% in Monroe County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 37.95% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.05% in Monroe County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 37.95% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    79,114 residential units of which 78.73% share occupied residential units.

    37.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Monroe County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.14% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.10% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 3.44% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.27% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Monroe County, Pennsylvania 58.59% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.63% are rented apartments, and the remaining 25.78% are vacant.

  • The 43.11% of the population in Monroe County, Pennsylvania who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 41.230%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 57.500%) of those eligible to vote in Monroe County, Pennsylvania.

Skyline of Monroe County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Spectrum Store

14055 New Halls Ferry Road, Florissant, MO 63033

Premier Broadband

809 N Hervey St A, Hope, AR 71801

Opes Newyork Inc

14724 Northern Blvd, Flushing, NY 11354

Clearwire LLC

603 Bucks Rd, Williamsport, PA 17701

ImOn Communications

101 3rd Ave SW Suite 400, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404

Landscape of Pennsylvania