Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Beaufort County

  •   State: 
    South Carolina
      County: 
    Beaufort County
      Zips: 
    29905
    29925
    29914
    29905
    29903
    29931
    29905
    29925
    29941
    29901
    29904
    29938
    29907
    29915
    29940
    29909
    29909
    29935
    29920
    29907
    29906
    29902
    29926
    29928
    29910
      Coordinates: 
    32.35704825563427, -80.69219893401178
      Area total: 
    923.48 sq. mi., 2391.80 sq. km, 591027.20 acres
      Area land: 
    576.15 sq. mi., 1492.22 sq. km, 368736.00 acres
      Area water: 
    347.33 sq. mi., 899.58 sq. km, 222291.20 acres
      Established: 
    1764
      Capital seat: 

    Beaufort
    Address: PO BOX 1228
    County Courthouse
    Beaufort, SC 29901-1228
    Governing Body: County Council with 11 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Beaufort County, South Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    187,117; Population change: 15.34% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    325 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $55,984
      Households: 
    60,620
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.40% per 77,127 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $6.89 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Beaufort County's population of South Carolina of 21,274 residents in 1930 has increased 8,8-fold to 187,117 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.74% female residents and 49.26% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.41% in Beaufort County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 35.59% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.41% in Beaufort County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 35.59% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    98,068 residential units of which 77.88% share occupied residential units.

    24.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Beaufort County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    72.77% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.12% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.13% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.57% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Beaufort County, South Carolina 55.00% are owner-occupied homes, another 17.80% are rented apartments, and the remaining 27.21% are vacant.

  • The 31.61% of the population in Beaufort County, South Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 54.920%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 44.140%) of those eligible to vote in Beaufort County, South Carolina.

Skyline of Beaufort County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Xfinity Store by Comcast Branded Partner

2618 N Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury, MD 21801

Spectrum Store

591 Memorial Dr Suite M, Chicopee, MA 01020

XS Media

115 Cleveland St, Eugene, OR 97402

Giglinx

6895 E Camelback Rd #115, Scottsdale, AZ 85251

Spectrum Store

1360 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10075

Landscape of South Carolina