Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Richland County

  •   State: 
    South Carolina
      County: 
    Richland County
      Zips: 
    29217
    29224
    29230
    29219
    29260
    29147
    29250
    29221
    29240
    29290
    29177
    29002
    29220
    29202
    29052
    29208
    29207
    29044
    29061
    29016
    29229
    29206
    29209
    29205
    29204
    29063
    29223
    29203
    29210
    29201
      Coordinates: 
    34.021843899121755, -80.90308973345695
      Area total: 
    771.94 sq. mi., 1999.31 sq. km, 494039.68 acres
      Area land: 
    757.33 sq. mi., 1961.46 sq. km, 484688.64 acres
      Area water: 
    14.61 sq. mi., 37.84 sq. km, 9351.04 acres
      Established: 
    1799
      Capital seat: 

    Columbia
    Address: P.O. Box 2766
    Columbia, SC 29202-2766
    Governing Body: County Council with 11 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Richland County, South Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    416,147; Population change: 8.23% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    550 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $48,443
      Households: 
    141,079
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.80% per 199,718 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $23.25 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Richland County's population of South Carolina of 87,667 residents in 1930 has increased 4,75-fold to 416,147 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.68% female residents and 48.32% male residents live in as of 2020, 54.30% in Richland County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 45.70% are single population.

    As of 2020, 54.30% in Richland County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 45.70% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    182,408 residential units of which 90.83% share occupied residential units.

    23.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Richland County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.66% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.02% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.81% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.30% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Richland County, South Carolina 57.77% are owner-occupied homes, another 32.68% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.55% are vacant.

  • The 40.10% of the population in Richland County, South Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 35.110%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 64.020%) of those eligible to vote in Richland County, South Carolina.

Skyline of Richland County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

i3 Broadband

3001 W White Oaks Dr, Springfield, IL 62704

Astound Broadband Powered by Grande

911 W Anderson Ln Suite 123, Austin, TX 78757

Pro Sat

224 C, Arkansas Blvd, Texarkana, AR 71854

ResTech Services LLC

2901 Latham Dr, Madison, WI 53713

American Broadband Family of Companies

5718 E Shields Ave, Fresno, CA 93727

Landscape of South Carolina