Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Calhoun County

  •   State: 
    Texas
      County: 
    Calhoun County
      Zips: 
    77978
    77982
    77983
    77979
      Coordinates: 
    28.43910911410699, -96.61507353226789
      Area total: 
    1032.67 sq. mi., 2674.59 sq. km, 660906.24 acres
      Area land: 
    506.84 sq. mi., 1312.71 sq. km, 324376.96 acres
      Area water: 
    525.83 sq. mi., 1361.88 sq. km, 336529.28 acres
      Established: 
    1846
      Capital seat: 

    Port Lavaca
    Address: 211 S Ann St
    County Courthouse
    Port Lavaca, TX 77979-4203
    Governing Body: Commisioners Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Calhoun County, Texas, United States

  •   Population: 
    20,106; Population change: -5.96% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    40 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,018
      Households: 
    7,463
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.80% per 11,995 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $3.52 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Calhoun County's population of Texas of 5,385 residents in 1930 has increased 3,73-fold to 20,106 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.94% female residents and 50.06% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.64% in Calhoun County, Texas are married and the remaining 38.36% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.64% in Calhoun County, Texas are married and the remaining 38.36% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    10,539 residential units of which 72.25% share occupied residential units.

    21 minutes is the average time that residents in Calhoun County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.81% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.33% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.20% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.93% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Calhoun County, Texas 51.35% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.51% are rented apartments, and the remaining 30.14% are vacant.

  • The 53.56% of the population in Calhoun County, Texas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 59.690%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 39.670%) of those eligible to vote in Calhoun County, Texas.

Skyline of Calhoun County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Marshallnet LC

107 N 1st St, Marshalltown, IA 50158

Xfinity Store by Comcast

1500 NJ-47 Suite C12, Rio Grande, NJ 08242

Satellite Alaska

2208 Cleveland Ave, Anchorage, AK 99517

Morris Broadband

71 Nebo School Rd, Nebo, NC 28761

Breezeline

2 Batterymarch Park Suite 205, Quincy, MA 02169

Landscape of Texas