Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Travis County

  •   State: 
    Texas
      County: 
    Travis County
      Zips: 
    73301
    78718
    78762
    78774
    73301
    78651
    78691
    78761
    78711
    78761
    78714
    78760
    78772
    78710
    78755
    78766
    78768
    78778
    78765
    78680
    78720
    78708
    78715
    78767
    78763
    78653
    78746
    78645
    78709
    78738
    78716
    78742
    78745
    78725
    78738
    78645
    78719
    78739
    78712
    78652
    78733
    78747
    78645
    78617
    78732
    78722
    78721
    78724
    78736
    78738
    78726
    78653
    78669
    78730
    78734
    78727
    78738
    78734
    78749
    78746
    78754
    78751
    78728
    78741
    78735
    78723
    78744
    78748
    78752
    78756
    78703
    78753
    78750
    78757
    78702
    78660
    78705
    78745
    78731
    78758
    78704
    78746
    78759
    78701
      Coordinates: 
    30.334376174107234, -97.78195729524136
      Area total: 
    1023.04 sq. mi., 2649.67 sq. km, 654746.88 acres
      Area land: 
    992.23 sq. mi., 2569.87 sq. km, 635029.12 acres
      Area water: 
    30.81 sq. mi., 79.79 sq. km, 19717.76 acres
      Established: 
    1840
      Capital seat: 

    Austin
    Address: PO Box 1748
    Austin, TX
    Governing Body: Commisioners Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Travis County, Texas, United States

  •   Population: 
    1,290,188; Population change: 25.96% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    1,298 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $53,720
      Households: 
    391,402
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.30% per 741,012 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $112.94 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Travis County's population of Texas of 77,777 residents in 1930 has increased 16,59-fold to 1,290,188 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.95% female residents and 51.05% male residents live in as of 2020, 51.78% in Travis County, Texas are married and the remaining 48.22% are single population.

    As of 2020, 51.78% in Travis County, Texas are married and the remaining 48.22% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    562,488 residential units of which 92.62% share occupied residential units.

    26.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Travis County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.47% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.56% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 3.22% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.74% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Travis County, Texas 50.29% are owner-occupied homes, another 41.99% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.72% are vacant.

  • The 44.47% of the population in Travis County, Texas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 34.250%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 63.520%) of those eligible to vote in Travis County, Texas.

Skyline of Travis County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Axia Technology Partners

10555 Group 1001 Way, Zionsville, IN 46077

Comcast Service Center

405 Kiroli Rd, West Monroe, LA 71291

Comelec Internet Services

4190 Pennsylvania Ave, Dubuque, IA 52002

Direcpath LLC

250 Pharr Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305

Bulldog Internet

8080 N Palm Ave, Fresno, CA 93711

Landscape of Texas