Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Iron County

  •   State: 
    Utah
      County: 
    Iron County
      Zips: 
    84753
    84756
    84760
    84772
    84742
    84714
    84721
    84719
    84761
    84721
    84720
      Coordinates: 
    37.859193455597286, -113.28949917973324
      Area total: 
    3300.74 sq. mi., 8548.87 sq. km, 2112470.40 acres
      Area land: 
    3296.34 sq. mi., 8537.47 sq. km, 2109655.68 acres
      Area water: 
    4.40 sq. mi., 11.39 sq. km, 2814.72 acres
      Established: 
    1850
      Capital seat: 

    Parowan
    Address: 68 South 100 East
    County Courthouse
    Parowan, UT 84761-0000
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Hutchinson's Rule

  • Iron County, Utah, United States

  •   Population: 
    57,289; Population change: 24.10% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    17 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $41,372
      Households: 
    14,638
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.50% per 24,994 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.98%
      GDP: 
    $1.74 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Iron County's population of Utah of 7,227 residents in 1930 has increased 7,93-fold to 57,289 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.43% female residents and 49.57% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.81% in Iron County, Utah are married and the remaining 39.19% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.81% in Iron County, Utah are married and the remaining 39.19% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    21,752 residential units of which 86.11% share occupied residential units.

    16.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Iron County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.37% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.41% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.20% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.79% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Iron County, Utah 51.67% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.64% are rented apartments, and the remaining 22.70% are vacant.

  • The 74.20% of the population in Iron County, Utah who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 76.100%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 19.810%) of those eligible to vote in Iron County, Utah.

Skyline of Iron County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

ResTech Services LLC

2901 Latham Dr, Madison, WI 53713

Windstream Communications

560 Ternes Ln, Elyria, OH 44035

Local Net

Burlington, NC 27215

Local Net

Rumford, ME 04276

Douglas Fast Net

2350 NW Aviation Dr, Roseburg, OR 97470

Landscape of Utah