Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Henry County

  •   State: 
    Virginia
      County: 
    Henry County
      Zips: 
    24168
    24165
    24089
    24054
    24148
    24078
    24055
    24112
      Coordinates: 
    36.68277256948198, -79.87395245305586
      Area total: 
    384.39 sq. mi., 995.55 sq. km, 246007.04 acres
      Area land: 
    382.35 sq. mi., 990.28 sq. km, 244704.64 acres
      Area water: 
    2.04 sq. mi., 5.27 sq. km, 1302.40 acres
      Established: 
    1777
      Capital seat: 

    Martinsville
    Address: PO BOX 7
    County Courthouse
    Collinsville, VA 24078-0007
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 6 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Henry County, Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    50,948; Population change: -5.91% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    133 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,184
      Households: 
    23,724
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.60% per 23,810 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.75%
      GDP: 
    $nan, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Henry County's population of Virginia of 17,503 residents in 1930 has increased 2,91-fold to 50,948 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.90% female residents and 49.10% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.58% in Henry County, Virginia are married and the remaining 37.42% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.58% in Henry County, Virginia are married and the remaining 37.42% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    25,422 residential units of which 87.32% share occupied residential units.

    24.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Henry County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.00% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.78% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.51% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.34% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Henry County, Virginia 70.01% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.71% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.28% are vacant.

  • The 35.84% of the population in Henry County, Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 54.560%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 44.090%) of those eligible to vote in Henry County, Virginia.

Skyline of Henry County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

WispWest

1014 W Park St Suite 4, Livingston, MT 59047

Spectrum

700 Carillon Pkwy #9, St. Petersburg, FL 33716

Celito Communications

6404 Falls of Neuse Rd, Raleigh, NC 27615

Hodgson Media

Brush, CO 80723

ETC Communications

2835 Scenic Dr, Blue Ridge, GA 30513

Landscape of Virginia