Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Smyth County

  •   State: 
    Virginia
      County: 
    Smyth County
      Zips: 
    24375
    24311
    24370
    24319
    24354
      Coordinates: 
    36.843740425698435, -81.53696670580166
      Area total: 
    452.71 sq. mi., 1172.51 sq. km, 289733.76 acres
      Area land: 
    451.35 sq. mi., 1168.99 sq. km, 288864.00 acres
      Area water: 
    1.36 sq. mi., 3.52 sq. km, 869.76 acres
      Established: 
    1832
      Capital seat: 

    Marion
    Address: 121 Bagley Cir
    County Courthouse
    Marion, VA 24354-3140
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Smyth County, Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    29,800; Population change: -7.48% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    66 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,532
      Households: 
    13,621
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.40% per 13,384 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.75%
      GDP: 
    $1.06 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Smyth County's population of Virginia of 25,125 residents in 1930 has increased 1,19-fold to 29,800 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.56% female residents and 48.44% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.11% in Smyth County, Virginia are married and the remaining 35.89% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.11% in Smyth County, Virginia are married and the remaining 35.89% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    15,097 residential units of which 84.91% share occupied residential units.

    24 minutes is the average time that residents in Smyth County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.78% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.57% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.32% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.72% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Smyth County, Virginia 65.84% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.67% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.49% are vacant.

  • The 36.99% of the population in Smyth County, Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 63.540%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 34.460%) of those eligible to vote in Smyth County, Virginia.

Skyline of Smyth County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1267 Companies
712 Counties
1006 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Aditum

1 Selleck St, Norwalk, CT 06855

ACD.net

1800 N Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906

EnergyNet

1820 E 9th St, Hopkinsville, KY 42241

Xfinity Store by Comcast

222 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909

Hartzell Computer Services

2909 Terrace Way, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Other Companies

Winfield Wireless Co

28004 NE 155th Ave, Battle Ground, WA 98604

Xfinity Store by Comcast Branded Partner

850 Herndon Ave Suite 101A, Clovis, CA 93612

Agent Technologies Inc

8216 Princeton Glendale Rd, West Chester Township, OH 45069

Treasure Chest Store

4904 W Broad St, Columbus, OH 43228

Xfinity Store by Comcast

715 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20001

Landscape of Virginia